Website Vertical Supply Group
VSG is a vertically integrated business focused on supplying and manufacturing life-safety products and equipment that serve arborists, climbers, technical rescue professionals, and other ‘at-height’ experts around the globe. Based in Greensboro, NC, and with additional sites in Maine, Nevada, California, and Indiana, the Vertical Supply Group is a diverse and growing business with many great career opportunities.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
The Customer Service Sr. Supervisor is responsible for leading, motivating, and the management of the Customer Service Team. The Customer Service Senior Supervisor is responsible for ensuring staff and processes support repeat satisfied customers. Duties include supervising and managing the customer service team, hiring and training staff members to provide the highest standards of customer service and ensuring that all company policies are followed. Additional tasks comprise of handling customer inquiries and resolving customer problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Support the Director by managing resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Partnering with sales and operations to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Ability to analyze and understand business processes. Lead discussions with all levels of staff and recommend implementation of best practices to ensure positive customer experience
- Workforce management expertise including forecasting and scheduling of team based on volume
- Works closely to support the Customer Service Director to maintain call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Serve as primary resource to Customer Service Representatives
- Player / Coach.
- Aid customers and CSRs, via phone, email, and “walk-ups.”
- In the moment coaching / training
- Take ownership to resolve or delegate customer issues, complaints and escalations (calls and emails) in a timely manner
- Player / Coach.
- Essential skills to recruit and hire new team members including creating and administering personality and functional evaluations. Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for a thorough Customer Service onboarding program
- Responsible for new hire training and onboarding in regard to processes (SOP’s) and our ERP/phone systems
- Base level Product Training
- Generate sales from training agents to up-sell and cross-sell
- Document system scenarios and identify roles impacted to help develop a training plan
- Trend training opportunities, create curriculum and arrange facilitated training to address trends
- Technology management
- Experience with telecom and CRM systems
- Project Management
- Create / Maintain Standard Operating Procedure documents for the department
- Facilitate weekly CS Project Tracker Meetings with Manager and Director (and others as necessary or at your discretion)
- Assist Director with workload balance.
- Assist with projects / tasks as necessary
- Manage the Customer Service Team
- Deliver performance scorecards and coach for improvement
- Address and document occurrences that require corrective action
- Lead and motivate the team
- Assume Director duties when Director is away (travel, vacation, meetings, etc)
- Approve and help manage PTO / daily staffing
- Support the CS Director in recruiting, mentoring, and developing customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Manage Customer Service and Technical Team Processes
- Responsible for Phone and Email Service Level
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures (attendance, customer related issues, etc)
- Delegate/manage workload to ensure all Team tasks are completed
- Approve: terms, discounts, accommodations/shipping corrections, and credits
- Process credits and credit/rebills
- Review and add terms to orders
- Process Employee orders
- Ensure orders are queued
- Submit daily reporting
- Manage cases
- Assign as necessary
- Ensure desired Case Service Level is being met
- Perform other job-related duties as needed or assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory position in a call center environment
- Superior customer relations and service skills
- Excellent people leadership and development skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven success managing sales account relationships
- Experience working with call center technology, including phones and desktop customer relation management tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Physical dexterity required. Technical Support Representative will occasionally pick up, move & lift HEAVY OBJECTS (up to 70 lbs.).
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.