Director of Distribution/Logistics is responsible for overseeing the distribution operations of Vertical Supply Group. Director must ensure that all facilities are working to support on time in full shipments (OTIF) per VSG’s commitment. KPIs need to be developed and followed, freight rates need to be negotiated and aligned across the portfolio. Director needs to establish budgets and identify opportunities to reduce cost and support growth. Willingness to travel and engage with teams at each location regularly. Guidance needs to be available to allow for successful shipping for all locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage warehouse personnel.
- Establish and mange clear KPI and metrics to support on time shipments.
- Manage and control all freight, freight rates and distribution functions for VSG.
- Work with freight forwarder to ensure the program between the US and Canada is seamless.
- Customer-focused and driven to improve our customer’s experiences with VSG constantly.
- Ensure that all paperwork is properly set up for international shipments.
- Negotiate return programs with the carriers to ensure that we are being compensated for lost shipments.
- Work with purchasing department to quickly and timely resolve any receiving issues.
- Ensure that all facilities are kept clean and free of safety hazards.
- Order all necessary tools and supplies needed to complete work.
- Metrics focused – able to collaborate with COO and establish realistic targets then accepting accountability for results.
- Provide goals and complete annual performance reviews.
- Be willing and able to travel throughout the VSG portfolio.
- Ensure that inventory control processes are being followed and quantities are correct.
- Hire qualified team to allow for the best success possible.
- Team orientation – work closely with production team, customer service, purchasing, etc. when issues arise.
- Lead, motivate and incentivize BSG’s existing distribution managers 4 USA locations (Whittier, Reno, Greensboro, Biddeford).
· 2-4 Year Degree Required; or 5-10 years qualified experience in warehouse supervision.
- Experience must include leading teams in ‘best practices’ environments.
- Innovative thinker that is always looking for ways to improve overall performance.
- Self-driven and never satisfied until our customers are satisfied.
- Adept with technology and well informed on industry trends and innovations. (Experience with NetSuite and RFSmart a plus.)
Medium Work involves lifting to 70 pounds occasionally or frequently lifting to 50 lbs. Frequent walking, standing, and sitting. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
__________ I understand that this job description does NOT constitute a contract for employment and that Sherrill Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
___________ I understand that this job description is a guide and is subject to change without advanced notice to me. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
___________ I certify that I can perform the essential functions of this position as outlined in this job description.
____________________________________________________ __________________________ Employee Signature: Date:
____________________________________________________ __________________________ HR Representative Signature: Date:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org