Website Vertical Supply Group
VSG is a vertically integrated business focused on supplying and manufacturing life-safety products and equipment that serve arborists, climbers, technical rescue professionals, and other ‘at-height’ experts around the globe. Based in Greensboro, NC, and with additional sites in Maine, Nevada, California, and Indiana, the Vertical Supply Group is a diverse and growing business with many great career opportunities.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
The position of EDI Systems Specialist will provide hardware, software, application and security support to VSG EDI systems. The position requires a background in the installation and configuration of networked computers, peripherals and applications to support all aspects of EDI. Experience with NetSuite, Pacejet, SPS Commerce and TrueCommerce is needed. A background in supporting label printing using the Bartender application is necessary. Current systems running EDI applications are Windows 10 and Windows Server operating systems. Internal systems and applications are configured to utilize third party cloud-based solutions. Position will require end user support of operations including warehouse, customer service, sales and marketing. Position will be responsible for troubleshooting, case creation, follow-up and resolution of EDI processes. Position will be responsible for resolving issues both with internal applications and equipment as well as 3rd party solutions. The job will involve configuring, testing, training end users in addition to communication with representatives of new and existing trading partners.
Responsibilities include follow-up and resolution of software defects, client updates, documentation, training sessions with end users, providing guidance in data correction and software configurations. Position will perform help desk duties to end users. Must have the ability to troubleshoot with little to no management input yet keep management aware of issues and resolution. Given the nature of technology future responsibilities and characteristics may not have been identified specifically under this job description. Goals will be based on accurate and timely completion of all tasks. The position will report to the IT Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be adaptable to multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to prioritize operational issues and provide immediate responses.
- Quickly assess system issues and determine an accurate course of action.
- Effective, accurate and professional communication skills with management and end users.
- Identify potential problem areas and communicate to management with corrective actions
- After business hours, outside 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, support will occasionally be necessary.
- Some travel will be necessary.
- Document all modifications and enhancements to existing software and systems.
- Install current security patches and updates.
- Scope and implement system replacements as well as new technology to support growth of EDI.
- Communicate with third party application and equipment providers to resolve any issues.
- Import, upload, configure and administer software updates.
- Install and maintain system peripherals including barcode scanners and barcode printers.
- Troubleshoot network and Windows server issues.
- Provide support to all users of EDI systems, trading partners and third-party applications.
- Provide support to WMS systems, software, and RF devices.
- Load and configure desktops in order processing areas.
- Provide manager with budgetary equipment and software needs.
- Research new technologies and advise manager when beneficial to VSG.
- Project Management to onboard new trading partners, upgrade and implement new EDI applications.
- Manage all EDI transactions, forms, inventory advice configurations and labeling.
- Additional responsibilities and projects will be identified via a project list, email or verbally.
- BSBA in Computer Information Systems, BS in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 3+ years’ experience in design and implementation of Electronic Data Interchange solution.
- Computer and networking technical background with experience in troubleshooting.
Medium Work involves exerting up to 50 pounds of force. frequently or 10 to 25 pounds of force Frequent walking, standing, and sitting. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.