Website Vertical Supply Group
Vertical Supply Group
Vertical Supply Group (VSG) is an industry leader, committed to providing solutions that our customers count on to work and pursue their passions safely and efficiently at height every day. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Supply Chain Category Manager to lead and drive the success of our product lines. The ideal candidate will be responsible for acquiring, developing, implementing, and managing the product strategy to ensure our products meet customer needs and achieve business objectives.
Location: Greensboro, NC
Reports To: VP Supply Chain & Distribution
FLSA Status (Exempt or Non-Exempt)
As a Supply Chain Category Manager, you will be responsible for managing the procurement, marketing, and sales of our products, ensuring that our company’s product offerings meet customer demands while maximizing profitability. Your role will involve market research, supplier negotiations, pricing strategies, and effective inventory management. Your strategic leadership will play a critical role in achieving our company’s goals and exceeding customer expectations by ensuring that we offer the right products or services at the right time and price. If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for achieving results in a dynamic market, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for the product line with clear goals and objectives to track against
- Analyze market trends, customer feedback, and competitive landscape to identify opportunities and threats.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, marketing, and sales to develop and launch new products that are on time and within budget.
- Create and manage product budgets, pricing strategies, and forecasts.
- Monitor and report on product performance, KPIs, and market trends.
- Ensure a consistent supply of high-quality products while optimizing costs.
- Develop pricing strategies to maximize profit margins.
- Analyze market trends and competition to set competitive prices.
- Cultivate strong relationships with suppliers and negotiate favorable terms.
- Monitor supplier performance and compliance with contractual agreements.
- Build and lead a high-performing product team.
- Make data-driven decisions and prioritize features and improvements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments, customer behavior and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in supplying the arborist, landscaping, fire & rescue, climbing, utility,
industrial rope access (IRA) or military is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Merchant, Buyer or Product Line Manager or in a similar role.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven leadership experience, with the ability to motivate and develop a high-performing team.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management and supply chain processes.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity and proficiency with product management software and tools.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
EOE/M/F/V/D No phone calls
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com