Website Vertical Supply Group
Location: Greensboro, NC
Reports To: NSP Sales Director
FLSA Status (Exempt or non-Exempt): Exempt, Salary
VSG is a vertically integrated business focused on supplying and manufacturing life-safety products and equipment that serve arborists, climbers, technical rescue professionals, and other ‘at-height’ experts around the globe. Based in Greensboro, NC, and with additional sites in Maine, Nevada, California, and Indiana, the Vertical Supply Group is a diverse and growing business with many great career opportunities.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales and service strategy for the Central Region of National Service Providers.
- Develop and implement a 3-year strategy to increase the sales in these channels.
- Account management
- Acquisition of new customers
- Penetration of new, untapped segments
- Build and sustain relationships with all key decision makers in account portfolio.
- Meet or exceed all sales and revenue targets for this portfolio. Grow share of wallet!
- Conduct new product updates to ensure the customer base is aware of new purchase opportunities.
- Work directly with the Sales Director to develop and implement an effective strategy to grow the sales in all regions and segments.
- Plan, track and report sales results on a regular schedule.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, customers and prospects to ensure quotes and bids are aggressively converted to sales.
- Provide customer support, including guidance on available inventory and order status.
- Make outbound calls to customers and prospects to advise them on product availability and promotions.
- Support and attend trade shows, seminars and other events to promote the sale of products and services as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in direct sales with account management oversight.
- Located in Central territory preferred.
- Proven responsibility for producing sales/revenue in a fast paced, autonomous environment.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, familiarity with NetSuite &/or Syteline Software a plus (Inventory, Order Entry, Sales, searches and reporting)
- Excellent phone skills, including scheduling and planning an efficient contact strategy.
- Excellent PC skills and a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications a must.
- Knowledge of basic tree care applications and tree care tools a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated strong relationship building and networking skills in a prior role.
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time.
- Must pass all drug screening and background tests.
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.