Website Vertical Supply Group
Sherrill Inc. is seeking a highly motivated supply chain professional to lead one of our business units. This position will help plan product line strategies, forecast item performance, and work with our team of purchasing specialists to ensure timely execution of orders. The person in this position is ultimately responsible for the overall inventory performance and vendor relationships within their line of goods.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Utilize best-in-class demand planning tools to increase inventory performance
- Manage and continuously improve vendor relationships
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other purchasing staff to achieve departmental success
- Item and vendor performance analysis and SKU rationalization
- Item-level forecasting and purchasing planning
- Collaborate with sales team on strategic account forecasting
- Facilitate new item launch programs and promotional events through accurate inventory planning and deployment
- Execute high-priority purchase orders
- Implement purchasing strategies to meet KPI expectations and adhere to inventory budget
- Facilitate reduction in slow-moving, aged and obsolete inventory
- Negotiate vendor agreements, rebates, freight programs, and co-op allowances
- Work with Marketing Team to introduce new SKUs through our item creation pipeline
- Collaborate with vendors on potential exclusive SKUs to help gain a strategic market advantage
- A Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience in purchasing and/or demand planning.
- Must be self-motivated with strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate assigned tasks.
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize efficiently while staying on top of a wide variety of tasks.
- The ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and maintain effective liaison with vendors & teammates alike is a must.
- The job requires negotiation, forecasting, advanced analytical skills and strong communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems and demand planning/procurement software, as well as strong MS Excel capabilities.
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.