Website Vertical Supply Group
Vertical Supply Group is seeking a highly motivated Purchasing Administrator to join our team. This role will manage our drop ship orders, inbound reporting, ERP item data, assist with pricing tasks, special orders, and other purchasing related responsibilities as needed. The Purchasing Administrator will be responsible for learning company purchasing policies and procedures, and monitoring Vendor compliance required for effective company operation.
- Facilitate Drop Ship Purchase Orders and act as the liaison between Sales/Customer Service and Finance throughout the drop ship process
- SKU creation and data maintenance within the ERP system
- Assist with open order reports, ETA updates and vendor reconciliation
- Assist Supply Chain Management Team through inquiries into shipping errors, shortages/overages, and vendor compliance issues
- Facilitate inventory sharing between distribution centers through intercompany transfers
- Work with freight carriers to help identify cost savings opportunities for inbound shipments
- Run reporting within the ERP system to measure vendor and departmental performance
- Work with Marketing Team to introduce new SKUs through our item creation pipeline
- Update internal databases with order details including: dates, pricing, vendors, quantities, discounts etc.
- Track orders, ensure timely delivery and expedite urgent need orders to avoid out of stock situations
- Reconcile purchase order discrepancies with operations staff
- Support Sales and Customer Service through one-off item requests and special orders
High School Diploma/GED Required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Experience in purchasing, order management, drop ship order processing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, with high-level Excel experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in ERP systems, preferably Netsuite
- Equally adept in a team-environment or working independently
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with strong communication and analytical skills. Experience in managing purchase orders, specifically drop shipments, is required to perform the job. Individual must have strong MS Excel and item data management experience. Experience working in ERP systems and forecasting systems is a plus.
Light Work involves lifting up to 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Frequent walking, standing, and sitting. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
EOE/M/F/V/D No phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com