Website Vertical Supply Group
Sherrill Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to work daily in our corporate office who is proficient in procurement, and supplier vendor management to join our Supply Chain team. This position will work along Supply Chain and cross functional leaders to manage one segment of our rapidly growing business. The individual in this role is ultimately responsible for maintaining strategic relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers and vendors to support demand and help ensure on-time, in-full shipment of goods to our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creation, review and submission of purchase orders on an on-going basis.
- Business trend analysis and subsequent forecasting/purchasing actions.
- Implement purchasing strategies to meet KPI expectations and adhere to inventory budget
- Facilitate inventory sharing through intercompany transfers.
- Building direct and strong relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Work with Marketing and Product Development Teams to introduce new SKUs through our new product creation pipeline.
- Supplier & vendor follow-up to ensure On Time in Full delivery of goods.
- Reconcile purchase order discrepancies with operations staff and accounts payable.
- Support Sales and Customer Service through one-off item requests and special orders Qualifications.
- Self-motivated with 5+ years of experience in purchasing
- Update internal databases with order details including: dates, pricing, terms of payment , quantities, discounts etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred.
- Self-motivated with 5+ years of experience in purchasing and/or demand planning.
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize efficiently while staying on top of a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and maintain effective liaison with vendors & teammates alike is a must.
- Job requires negotiation, forecasting, advanced analytical skills and strong communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems and demand planning/procurement software.
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities.
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
EOE/M/F/V/D No phone calls.