Location: Greensboro, NC
Reports To: Director of Supply Chain
FLSA Status (Exempt or non-Exempt): Exempt, Salary
Sherrill Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual who is proficient in demand planning, purchasing, and vendor management to join our team. The individual in this role is ultimately responsible for maintaining sufficient inventory levels to support demand and help ensure on-time, in-full shipment of goods to our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- SKU-Location level forecasting for a wide-array of items
- Creation, review and submission of purchase orders on an on-going basis
- Business trend analysis and subsequent forecasting/purchasing actions
- Implement purchasing strategies to meet KPI expectations and adhere to inventory budget
- Facilitate inventory sharing through intercompany transfers
- Building strong relationships with vendors
- Obtain and negotiate best freight quotes for inbound shipments
- Work with Marketing Team to introduce new SKUs through our item creation pipeline
- Update internal databases with order details including: dates, pricing, vendors, quantities, discounts etc.
- Vendor follow-up to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Reconcile purchase order discrepancies with operations staff
- Support Sales and Customer Service through one-off item requests and special orders
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred.
- Self-motivated with 2-3+ years of experience in purchasing and/or demand planning.
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize efficiently while staying on top of a wide variety of tasks.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and maintain effective liaison with vendors & teammates alike is a must.
- Job requires negotiation, forecasting, analytical skills and strong communication skills.
- Experience with ERP systems and demand planning/procurement software.
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities.
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.