Website Vertical Supply Group
The Warehouse Receiving/Material Handler is responsible checking and unloading incoming shipments. Verify items and counts using the packing slips and rf device. Provides purchasing with packing slips for proper processing, noting overages/underage in a timely manner to allow for proper receipts. Ensure that all materials are put away within 24 hours of receipt. Placing items in primary locations first and properly labeling and placing balance in overstock locations. Receiving/Material Handlers are responsible for replenishments. All staff in the receiving department is expected to be trained and certified on the fork truck equipment (stand-up and sit down).
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Proper reconciliation of packing slips against purchase orders, including check in, put away and over stock. Adding UPC codes into the system as required to ensure the most up to date scanning accuracy.
· Locating items in specific bin locations, confirming that the counts are accurate, assist with cycle counting when requested.
· Perform replenishment for the warehouse pickers and splicing departments. Assist with maintaining clean, clear and organized warehouse.
· Assume responsibility for items that are transferred into the splicing area or placed into overstock locations.
· Ability to work with RF (computer) technology – read and understand warehouse locations. Perform searches on computer using the ERP system (net suite). Confirming purchase order – packing slip accuracy.
· Physical dexterity required. Receiver/material handlers will routinely pick up, move & lift HEAVY OBJECTS (up to 70 lbs.). Employee will be required to climb ladders to retrieve items, also standing for extended periods of time.
· WORK schedules can be changed based on incoming work flow. Employees are often required to shift and/or extend their work days.
- High school diploma required.
- 2 years Receiving experience required.
- Experience working in a warehouse production environment required.
- Ability to read and carry out instructions.
- Fluently Read and Write English.
Heavy Work involves exerting 50 – 100 pounds of force occasionally, or in excess of 50 pounds frequently or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to move objects. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.