Website Vertical Supply Group
Vertical Supply Group
VSG is a vertically integrated business focused on supplying and manufacturing life-safety products and equipment that serve arborists, climbers, technical rescue professionals, and other ‘at-height’ experts around the globe. Based in Greensboro, NC, and with additional sites in Maine, Nevada, California, Ohio, and Canada, Vertical Supply Group is a diverse and growing business with many great career opportunities.
VSG is investing in its organization to support an aggressive growth plan that encompasses growth into new products, brands, channels, categories, and geographies. We’re a competitive team that strives to be the supplier of choice for all our customers while nurturing a culture of integrity, respect, and fun.
The Senior Receiving Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all inbound shipments delivered to the warehouse and ensuring they are received accurately and timely. This position requires high attention to detail and the ability to problem solve. Also responsible for the workflow and tasks performed by the receiving team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for all receiving activity and assigned staff.
- Plan daily workload for inbound team (receiving, put away and replenishment).
- Ensures all incoming shipments are unloaded, checked, and accurately received via RF device in the system within 24 hours of receipt.
- Makes sure that received items are put away correctly before end of day.
- Communicates daily objectives achieved to warehouse leadership via “end of day” report.
- Works with warehouse manager in advance to ensure that proper labor is available on heavy days to off load containers in a timely manner to avoid additional charges.
- Drives continuous improvement in all aspects of the receiving process and receiving department.
- Ensures staff is adequately trained and understands the importance of the receiving role within the company.
- Schedules inbound containers.
- Reviews timecards for employees assigned to the receiving department – manages PTO ensuring adequate resources are available to support daily volumes (or coverage is available from warehouse team).
- Audits put away and stocking accuracy to support inventory confidence.
- Responsible for scheduling maintenance for equipment.
- Ensures the receiving area and surrounding areas are kept clean, neat & orderly.
- Promotes safety in the workplace by communicating safe work practices to the inbound team.
- Ensures that the team has a certified trainer for forklift training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-4 years in a supervisory role – in a logistics or warehousing environment
- Experience working in a challenging environment
- Experience leading a team by inspiring the team to achieve above standard goal
- Proven background in creating, executing, and reviewing plans for successful operations
- Must have experience working with warehouse systems – Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Warehouse Execution Systems (WES), Inventory Control Systems and processes
- Microsoft proficient (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc). NetSuite experience is a plus!
- Must be able to do basic math quickly and accurately without calculator
- Must have great written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid organizational and follow up skills
Heavy Work involves exerting 50 – 100 pounds of force occasionally, or in excess of 50 pounds frequently or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to move objects. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required, and this job description does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.