Vertical Supply Group
The position of Systems Support Specialist will provide hardware, software, applications and security support to all departments including call center, customer service, marketing, purchasing, accounting and operations. The position requires a background in the installation and configuration of networked desktop computers, servers, Mitel phone systems, Office 365 including hosted Exchange and other cloud-based systems. Position will involve end user support of desktops running Microsoft Windows and Office 365. Position will provide support and case resolution involving our hosted NetSuite ERP system. Knowledge of computer hardware, software and networking to troubleshoot internal systems or design and implement replacement systems will be required. Responsibilities include follow-up and resolution of software defects, client updates, documentation, providing training sessions with end users, providing guidance in data correction and software configurations. Position will perform help desk duties to end users. Backup and data recovery support will be necessary. Must have the ability to troubleshoot with little to no management input yet keep management aware of issues and resolution. Given the nature of technology future responsibilities and characteristics may not have been identified specifically under this job description. Goals will be based on accurate and timely completion of all tasks. The position will report to the IT Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document all modifications and enhancements to existing software and systems
- Install current security patches and updates
- Scope and implement system replacements as well as new technology to support growth
- Communicate with third party application and equipment providers to resolve any issues
- Import, upload, configure and administer software updates
- Install and support Dell and Apple systems and user applications
- Maintain configuration of Active Directory
- Maintain spam filters and firewall
- Install and maintain system peripherals including network or local printers and barcode scanners
- Troubleshoot network and Windows server issues
- Maintain a software library for all Sherrill, Inc. systems including licenses
- Provide support to call center servers and phone system
- Provide support to WMS systems, software and RF devices
- Load and configure desktops including OS, MS Office and other applications
- Provide manager with budgetary equipment and software needs
- Research new technologies and advise manager when beneficial to VSG
- Identify potential problem areas and communicate to manager with corrective actions
- Additional responsibilities and projects will be identified via a project list, email or verbally
- BSBA in Computer Information Systems, BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in design and implementation of networked systems and architecture
- Computer and networking technical background with experience in troubleshooting
- Must be adaptable to multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to prioritize operational issues and provide immediate responses
- Quickly assess system issues and determine an accurate course of action
- Requires effective, accurate and professional communication skills with management and end users
- After business hours, outside 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, support will occasionally be necessary
- Some travel will be necessary
Sedentary Work involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs may be defined as Sedentary when walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other Sedentary criteria are met.
Management reserves the right to change the above description at any time as required and does not in any way constitute an employment contract.
No phone calls.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.