Website Vertical Supply Group
Location: Reno, NV
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA: (Exempt of non-Exempt) non-Exempt, Hourly
The Warehouse Order Packer is responsible for properly packing customer orders, using the correct boxes/package and packing materials to ensure the items are not damaged. They are responsible for verifying orders picked in a complete and accurate manner, meeting department quality & productivity standards. This includes but not limited to catching errors in the picking/splicing items. Identifying addresses that may be an issue. Running rate shopping program to do shipping labels. Properly affixing shipping labels and ensuring a packing slip is included. Ensuring boxes are not shipped that are missing payment (ie. Credit card failures), alerting team lead/manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Pull cart or tote from flow rack to pack, scan the sales order, select the proper box, scan and weigh items.
· Print out packing slip, run rate shop, print out shipping label and place on box(es).
· Assists with and loading truck(s) when required.
· Replenish boxes and materials daily and OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
· Ability to work with RF (computer) technology – read and understand warehouse locations. Perform searches on computer using the ERP system (net suite). Confirming item fulfillment accuracy.
· Physical dexterity required. Packers will routinely pick up, move & lift HEAVY OBJECTS (up to 70 lbs.). Employee will be required to climb ladders to retrieve items, also standing for extended periods of time at one work station.
· Work schedules can be changed based on incoming work flow. Employees are often required to shift and/or extend their work days.
- High school diploma required
- · Experience working in a warehouse production environment
- · Ability to read and carry out instructions
Heavy Work involves exerting 50 – 100 pounds of force occasionally, or in excess of 50 pounds frequently or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to move objects. Frequent reaching and/or grasping using hands and/or arms. Frequent use of hands requiring dexterity in using the telephone, computer keyboard, or other objects. Visual ability including distance, peripheral and depth perception. Regularly required to talk and hear.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.